Information for all who have registered...
Good Day to all,
The day is soon approaching when we all gather for an enjoyable day at the Ross Farm Museum.
Here are a few things to keep in mind as we prepare for it:
- Arrival time at the Farm is 9:30 am; this will allow for payment and to get organized before the first activity.
- Please bring exact amount for payment of the Hands-on activity (including fee for wagon ride) as this will facilitate the process
- $ 5.00/accompanying adult
- $ 5.00/child attending 2 Hands-on
- $ 0.50/person for wagon rides (all ages are charged; preschool children and toddlers as well)
- Bring warm clothing (mitts and hats may be a good idea at this time of year) and appropriate foot wear for the weather.
- Bring a lunch
- The Hands-on activity will take place rain or shine since they all take place inside (except for a few moments outside for the Farm animals Hands-on)
I have a schedule made up for each family; it will mention the time of each child activity. I will hand this out in the morning before the first Hands-on activity.
I had a chat with the Farm's Director, Lisa Wolfe, and they would love to have feed backs from our group as to what we liked and would like to have seen: maybe different activity or the possibility for parents to join in along side our children in the activity and so on. They realise that we are a unique "people " as homeschooler and would like to serve us better if they can. It would be great if you could keep this in mind as the day unfold and make notes of what you may want to see during future visits as a homeschool group.
A Ross Farm Museum Year Family Pass might be something you may want to consider. They are available at a very affordable price (only $30 for the year!). They hold many weekend events throughout the year which are great educational tools for us to incorporate in our curriculum..... and of course an outdoor day at the farm is always wonderful.
Looking forward to meeting each of you this Friday,