WELCOME!

Welcome to the Central Valley Homeschoolers blog. We've created this blog to help homeschoolers stay connected, and as a place to announce upcoming field trips or other activities. If you would like to host an event or organize an activity, we would love to hear from you. Feel free to email us and we'll be sure to post all events as they are brought to our attention. We will also be posting activities that might interest the homeschooling community. If you are aware of any events that you haven't seen mentioned here, please let us know and we'll be sure to post it. Keep us bookmarked us and check back often. All our events are also listed on Facebook in the Annapolis Valley Homeschoolers group. Comments and suggestions are always welcome!

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Tutoring...

Good morning!

I received your e-mail addresses through a homeschooling parent in Canning.I am a mother of three grown up children, and a  teacher who has been away in Alberta as teacher/ principal in a small rural school for the last 6 months.I taught grades 2- 8 in a  one room classroom- and loved it! Unfortunately the  little school had to shut down when 2 families had to move.When I returned home I knew I wanted to begin a  tutoring service especially for homeschoolers. While  in Alberta, I worked closely with our school's home schooling coordinator, and I saw yet again what I have always believed- home schooling is the very best education for children.

  I have had experience teaching preschool to adults across Canada, in England and Uganda.I have tutored all ages many with behavioural and physical  challenges, working one year as a Special Education teacher, and for two years at LandMark East. I make my lesson creative and fun and have held many writing workshops that were tailored to the needs of each student. This is how I teach: by watching and listening to each child carefully,caring about their growth, and listening to the thoughts of their parent- teachers.

  While in  Uganda the head mistress told parents that I knew the children as individuals and took the time to know them well.I received the teacher- nominated award for the kindest teacher and i treasure it more than any diploma.

   I believe that at times home schooling parents need a bit of extra help with a subject, and so that is why I am writing you, to offer my experience,my  knowledge of the N.S. curriculum, as well as my patience and interest. I charge 20$ an hour if the student comes here to Wolfville, and can arrange to travel to a home .I can also arrange study and help groups for several families at a  lower cost per student.

   If you are interested please do call me, or just call to have a chat. It would be such a  pleasure to add support to homeschooling parents here in Nova Scotia.

  Sincerely
Fiona Collins- Watson
902-698-3018

No comments: