WELCOME!

Welcome to the Central Valley Homeschoolers blog. We've created this blog to help homeschoolers stay connected, and as a place to announce upcoming field trips or other activities. If you would like to host an event or organize an activity, we would love to hear from you. Feel free to email us and we'll be sure to post all events as they are brought to our attention. We will also be posting activities that might interest the homeschooling community. If you are aware of any events that you haven't seen mentioned here, please let us know and we'll be sure to post it. Keep us bookmarked us and check back often. All our events are also listed on Facebook in the Annapolis Valley Homeschoolers group. Comments and suggestions are always welcome!

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Hi,

I`m a new/future homeschooler (my daughter is 4 1/2 and my son is 2 1/2) and we have been doing a play group in Canning for the past year at Ocean Spirit Studios. My goal is to create a fun environment for my kids to play, where they can also play with other homeschooling kids their ages. Mostly though, it has been preschoolers who come and play, and some of them are going to school this fall.

Therefore, I would like to invite you to join us! We meet every Wednesday at 10am - 11:30 and this Wednesday, August 24th we will be meeting at Scots Bay Beach for a picnic on the beach. Our first indoor group of the season will be the following Wednesday, the 31st of August, where we will meet at Ocean Spirit Studio. I try to follow a loose format of; a song, a book, a game and a craft, but I let the kids dictate based how they are feeling and how interested they are in the particular theme. Past themes have been: seeds, trees, solar system, cars, flight and the activities tie together with the theme. Kids of all ages are welcome from 1 to 13 but all must be accompanied by a parent or adult as we do things together and everyone is encouraged to participate.

I hope that more homeschoolers are interested in coming to join our group and that we can find new ways of learning, together.

Please email me or call me if you have any questions or just come out and join us on Wednesday.

Thanks and I look forward to seeing you soon,
Alisa Nguyen

582-3238


No comments: